The LTI Korea hosts 2017 Translator-in-Residence program to offer the very best translators from abroad the opportunity to come face to face with the flow of Korean literary and creative culture and gain a deeper understanding of Korean literature. The experience is intended to facilitate the production of truly outstanding translations.
Target Participants (Qualifications)
Translators, scholars and other translation/publication professionals residing overseas who meet one of the following conditions:
- Has had at least 1 translated work (literature/culture/arts) published overseas
- Has been the recipient of a Korean or international prize for the translation of a Korean literary, cultural or artistic text
- Has made a significant contribution to the dissemination of Korean literature overseas
- Financial Support: Living expenses (1.5 million KRW/30 days) and return airfare, accommodation
- Activities Provided: meetings between translators and writers, literary tours, translations seminars, etc.
Program Period: July 2017 – February 2018
※ This program will operate temporarily for the year 2017
Length of Stay: 30 days within the program period
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents by email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Residency program application form (fixed format, can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website)
- Personal statement (any format, around 3 pages of A4)
- Translation research activity proposal (any format, around 4 pages of A4)
- Agreement to the collection of personal information (can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 17th 18:00 KST
Selection Announcement: Applicants will be notified of their status in June. The list of successful candidates will also be put up on the LTI Korea website (http://www.ltikorea.or.kr).
Cultural Exchange & Public Relations Team, Heesu Choi(email@example.com / +82-2-6919-7722)